Skoog was founded in Oslo in the spring of 2022 with the mission to enable the standing-forest economy. Our vision is to put forests at the centre of a new sustainable economic development model.
Our team works internationally to preserve forests, restore ecosystems, improve agricultural practices and deliver benefits to local communities.
If you are an agricultural engineer a forester, or a forest enthusiast, your goal in this role will be to help the tech and product development team estimate forest biomass and inventory using airborne or terrestrial LiDAR, satellite images, multispectral images, and other remote sensing data sources. The successful candidate will work with developers in coding, with forest researchers in theoretical assignments, and may also be required to collect data from the field.
- Reading, organizing, and interpreting the massive amount of data collected from our pilot projects
- Estimating allometric equations
- Mapping forest inventory; flora and fauna
- Using Skoog’s internal map product to identify new lands
- Bachelor in agricultural engineering, forestry, agroforestry, or similar fields
- Familiarity with algorithms and programming languages, preferably Python
- Having experience with in-field forest measurement
- Having worked with LiDAR or remote-sensing data
- Willing for fieldwork
- Quick learner
- Forest Enthusiast
Full-Stack GIS Web Developer
If you are a web developer or a front-end engineer with experience on geospatial applications, this exciting role of building the core map of Skoog could be yours. Through this intuitive and frictionless map, users will navigate the entire globe to see the visualization of various metrics and the interactive graphical solutions for their protection or restoration projects overlaid on the satellite view of their properties. You will join our quickly growing team of geospatial product building.
- Capturing various forms of geospatial data from satellites
- Designing data architecture for storage, processing, and load of large amounts of data in a Cloud solution
- Embedding products made by the data team on the core map
- Working closely with the product team to ensure the best user experience
- Remote-sensing experience
- Expert in at least Cloud solution (GCP, Amazon, or Azure)
- Amazon lambdas AWS
- React (or Angular)
- Sentinel-2 Cloud-Optimized GeoTIFFs
- Experience with GIS tools
- Agile and hands-on
- Technology enthusiast
- Organized and hard-working
- Quick Learner, ready to try new things
Digital Marketing Intern
If you are a Digital Marketing Enthusiast with a growth mindset, your goal in this role is to develop and implement online marketing strategy.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for writing new stories, or converting stories and blog posts to advertising campaigns with unforgettable content.
- Plan and implement stories and campaigns (text, images, videos, infographics)
- Adjusting the contents for various social media channels, to launch simultaneously: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog/Website
- Making monthly newsletters
- Conduct campaign and competition analysis
- Continually optimise all campaigns and strategy
- Maintain relationships with relevant influencers and activist networks
- Handy in video editing software (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, iMovie)
- Handy in Adobe Photoshop
- Familiar with Web analytics tools and SEO
- Fluent in English
- 3 years of experience in Content creation, Social Media Marketing or Performance Marketing
- Artistic & Creative
- Motivated & Ambitious
- Proactive and ready to try new things
- Impact-driven and nature-enthusiast